Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response. ~ Arthur Schlesinger (Historian)
I strive to break the myth and use current technology to revolutionize the traditional ways.
We got a lot of heat when we changed our WordPress framework and released CSSJockey Add-ons plugin which acts as our base framework and all other products as add-ons. Some quoted us as fools and said they would not use our products because we force them to install multiple plugins on their website. Eventually, they understood the concept, value of shared resources and the benefits of this setup.
Today, I am happy to announce that we took another step forward and integrated a real-time synchronized database server into our base framework. We call it CSSJockey Add-ons Server which uses Gun.Js to provide a real-time synchronized database server similar to Google firebase.
I know a lot of people will question:
- Why we need to set up another server to use your products.
- Why we didn’t just use firebase or any other similar service.
- Why an extra step and so on..
I’d like to answer these questions right here, right now.
- You don’t have to set up another server if you don’t want to use the features this server adds to our products. Everything will work the way it should without this server. However, if you choose to set up this server, you will have additional cool features.
- Most of the existing services are freemium which means they will allow 100 concurrent connections, but you will have to pay for additional resources. Setting up CSSJockey Add-ons Server is more straightforward than setting up these third-party services.
- This server enables real-time socket and database, allowing us to break any limits to develop real-time apps that will run on your WordPress website and in future mobile apps for your WordPress setup.
You might not be convinced yet or understand what this server exactly does. So here’s a small example of our first UI Block we have released. You can buy this UI Block here: https://cssjockey.com/shop/cjuib-members-directory/
Members Directory (UI Block)
This UI Block displays WordPress website users in a grid or list format and users can search for other users via the search bar or navigate to different pages. Once you enable CSSJockey Addons Server a green border will appear beside the user avatar if he/she is browsing your website frontend or backend. Check out this video to see it action.