Recently I was updating my plugins on my local server and somehow the page got refreshed and my WordPress installation got stuck at the following message:
"Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute."
You can easily bypass this message via following steps:
- On your local or web server, browse to the main installation (root) directory for WordPress.
- On local if you have enabled hidden files, you will need to enable hidden files.
- You will see a file named .maintenance in the root directory.
- Simply delete this file to bypass the above mentioned message and you can access your WordPress dashboard and site as you normally do.
- You can choose to perform the upgrades again and make sure the page should not get refreshed. If it does again follow the step again.